Tips to Crack SBI PO Quant Section in Prelims
SBI PO Prelims exams 2022 will be conducted by the State Bank of India (SBI) on December, 17, 18, 19, and 20, 2022. This examination has been observed and analyzed to be of moderate difficulty. The main sections of the examination include
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
What is the SBI PO Exam?
The SBI PO exam is conducted by the SBI for the post of Probationary Officer in different branches of the bank. The admit cards for the SBI PO exam 2022 have been released by the SBI on December 4, 2022. It is a national-level examination that is conducted every year by the SBI and the candidates are selected depending on the available vacant posts. The SBI PO exam consists of the following phases:
- Psychometric tests, Interviews, and Group Exercises
The examination comprises 100 objective questions for 100 marks, which means each question carries one mark. And the time for completing the examination is 1 hour or 60 minutes.
SBI PO Syllabus: Quantitative Aptitude
This section usually comprises 35 questions and it carries a total of 60 marks in the main examination. The questions from this section are based on the following topics:
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Surds and Indices
- Time and Distance
- Work and Time
- Ratio and Proportion
- Data Interpretation
- Number System
- Simplification or Approximation
- Quadratic equation
- Miscellaneous questions
- Data Sufficiency
- Quantity Based questions
SBI PO Weightage: Quantitative Aptitude
|Topic||Number of question||Level of Difficulty|
|Missing Number Series||5||Moderate|
|Miscellaneous Word Problems||10||Moderate|
SBI PO Preparation Tips: Quantitative Aptitude
Quantitative Aptitude has been an integral part of all competitive examinations. This section is used to check the candidate’s mathematical and analytical skills. We have formulated some important tips and tricks that will help the SBI PO exam prelims candidates prepare for the Quantitative Aptitude section properly:
- The candidate needs to pay attention to focus on the questions on Simplification, Approximation, Missing and Wrong Number Series, Data Interpretation, and Quadratic comparison.
- The candidate has to practice regularly to crack the SBI PO exam and has to consult the previous year’s question papers.
- A topic-wise preparation will enable you to understand the topics better and crack the SBI PO prelims.
- Simplification: This section is easy to attempt and the candidates can attempt it quickly. The simplification includes very basic and simple questions that are asked but the candidates need good mental calculation skills to solve such questions. The simplifications that should be taken into consideration by the candidates include Decimals, Surds, and Indices, Percentages, Square and Square roots, Cube and Cube roots, etc.
- Data Interpretation: This topic is considered to be the most challenging part for the candidates appearing in the SBI PO exams. The candidates need to have a good and complete understanding of every type of illustration. Regular practicing of questions from this topic will help you solve such questions.
- Quadratic Equation: Questions from this topic are not considered to be that complicated. It is important for the candidates to be well aware of the formulas and know how to solve the problems. Two factors that the candidates need to work on are speed and accuracy to be well-versed in this topic.
- Permutations and Combinations: Extensive practice will enable the students to solve questions from this topic. The key to getting clear concepts is first to practice Permutation and then go for Combination.
- Probability: It is observed that candidates often get confused whenever any tough questions from this topic appear in the examinations. The questions may include the probability of any kind. So, the students should practice the previous year’s questions and mock tests.
- Profit & Loss, Compound & Simple Interest: In the profit-loss questions, candidates should know how to convert statements into equations or numbers. And they should know all the formulas related to this concept.
- Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, and Average: Mathematical skills are required to solve Percentage and Average questions and careful reading of the question is required to solve Ratio and Proportion questions.
- Candidates should be dedicated and focused on their SBI PO preparation.
- Candidates should understand and go through the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Mock tests will enable the candidates to have better time-management skills.
- Candidates should form a proper section and topic-wise strategy to crack the exam.